Monday, March 19, 2012

SPECIAL DAY

Hello girls, how's your 1 week holiday? Did you enjoy it? The very 1st day of the holiday, I went to Singapore to attend my dear primary schoolmate's wedding dinner. Although, only 4 mates get to attend, we still having fun & have a great meet up :D
Back to reality after the short vacation. Haha ...... that was my 1 week holiday :P

Yes, back to my topic. I did 2 birthday cakes this month. The very 1st cake is for my mum's birthday. A green tea mousse that I did it before on my birthday.


Another cake this month is for my friend ( sil )'s birthday. A "Bailey's Mousse Cake" from my favourite book " 100 Desserts ".


Here's the recipe :

Cocoa sponge : Refer here

Mousse filling :
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 4 tbsps sugar
  • 1 tbsp custard powder
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 tbsps gelatin powder
  • 4 tbsps Bailey's Irish Cream
  • 1 tbsp instant coffee
  • 2 tbsps warm water
  • 1 cup whipping cream ( beaten till stiff )
  1. Whisk together egg yolk, sugar, custard powder & milk in a pot. Cook over low heat until the mixture coats the spatula well. Leave it to cool. Stir from time to time.
  2. Add warm water to gelatin powder. Stir well. Heat over a pot simmering water & stir until gelatin dissolves. Pour into the custard from Step 1. Mix well.
  3. Add instant coffee & Bailey's. Stir well. Fold in whipped cream.
  4. Slice off the browned top of the sponge cake. Then slice the cake horizontally into two equal layers.
  5. Put 1 slice of sponge into a 7" round tin. Pour half of the mousse mixture over the sponge. Top with the other slice of sponge. Pour the remaining mousse on top. Refrigerate until set.
  6. Unmould, sprinkle cocoa powder over & serve.

Happy Birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment